Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Braised Chicken Thighs & Lemon Grass Shrimp

So sometime around last Sunday I found myself hungover (not to be mistaken for an unusual occurrence) and in need of a quick fix for dinner. And whats quicker then shrimp, and less effort then braising chicken in the oven.

So I brought out my shrimp, added a dash of olive oil, about a tsp of dried lemon grass, half a head of garlic minced (adding half to the shrimp), a pinch of curry powder, a pinch of chili flakes, salt and pepper. I cut up some green and red pepper as well. I heated my wok, added a dash of olive oil, add my remaining garlic stirring till fragrant, then added the peppers till soft, finally adding my shrimp and a dash of soy sauce.

Mean while I seasoned my chicken thighs in salt, pepper, minced garlic, lemon grass, and on half preserved chilies spread on liberally. I then browned the outside, added soy sauce and sherry to the pot with the not spicy ones, and the same plus black bean chili sauce to the spicy pot.

I then placed in the oven at 400 with the lid on for about an hour.

Chicken came out crispy on top and very tender inside. The whole meal was quite tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment