Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Curries

So I finally got back to cooking some Indian food tonight with some curries. I made curry chicken and curry prawns. I marinated the chicken and prawns in yogurt and ginger garlic paste overnight. I then started by sauteeing finally chilies and diced red onions till pink, then adding more garlic and gigner, stirring and then adding a hot curry paste. I then added some tomatoes and the chicken as soon as the tomatoes finished cooking. I placed a lid on the pot and let it simmer for about 30 minutes, at which point I removed the lid and let the sauce thicken. I finally added some chopped coriander, mixed, and served on rice. The shrimp were done in a similar fashion except simmered until just cooked and did not thicken the sauce. I also did a side of stir fried vegetables in about a teaspoon of black bean sauce. I served the curries with mango chutney and sliced banana.

The chicken was great, as were the vegetables. The shrimp could use a different method of cooking, even leaving the shell on they still shrank more then I wanted and were just a little overcooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment