Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Beast

Ah The Beast, apart from a one time, short lived nickname gained from the ability to usually have a good looking woman on my lap despite my grizzled appearance, gruff personality, and occasional drinking problem, it's also become a term of endearment for my home made hamburgers. Tonight, I decided to plate up a few of these beasts. I must admit I was inspired by The Roy's aptly named 'Ultimated Roy', and by this I mean they used cheese buns, and I had some kickin' about without a clue what I was going to do with them. So whilst rounding up the remaining groceries for my pies last night, I picked up some ground pork and beef, and some BBQ sauce.

I started by making my patties the night before, about 4 heads of garlic a splash of worchteshire, salt, pepper, oregano, and equal parts pork and beef.

I went to work by caramelizing 2 onions, and sauteing a half container of mushrooms.

I then sliced some sharp cheddar, put on some bacon, and began cooking my burgers. After flipping the burgers I added some Guinness BBQ sauce, and the sharp Cheddar, I then covered the burgers to melt the cheese.

The building process went like this;

Sauteed mushrooms on the bottom, olive oil on the top half;

Caramelized onions atop the mushrooms;

A slice of Swiss over the onions, then both top and bottom placed under a broiler till cheese bubbly and top browned;

BBQ sauce soaked patty with the sharp cheddar fitted on top;

2 pieces bacon on the patty;

and finally all the fixin's, in this case, lettuce, tomato, pickle, banana peppers on the patty, and mayonnaise, ketchup and mustard on the top.

Now that's a burger.....

that requires napkins!

No comments:

Post a Comment