Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pizza's and Calzones

So I felt like doing some custom pizzas the other night after having whipped up a batch of pizza dough. I used a simple pizza dough recipe which can be found here; pizzaware.com/pizzadoughrecipe.htm. I found the dough was best left with a night in the fridge to reduce yeast flavour.

First up was a mainly veggie pizza with a pesto base (I used store bought for convenience). I pan roasted the zucchini, and sauteed the broccoli with garlic before adding to the pizza. This pizza also contained mushrooms, pepperoni, and spinach.

Second up was a simple pizza of olives, bacon, and mushrooms.

Thirdly was a works pizza, with mushrooms, hot italian sausage, pepperoni, bacon, anchovies, green and red peppers, pineapple, and red onions.

And finally, my pizza, another works model, but with olives instead of anchovies.

The pizza's all turned out very tasty.
I had about half the pizza dough I had made left over, so over the next couple of days I made some calzones with them.
Here's the building method I used;
Started by rolling the dough very thin

First base of crushed red chili peppers (mentioned in my italian stir fry post)

Followed by tomato sauce

Provolone cheese

The ingredients, pepperoni, red onion, green and red peppers, mushrooms, and pineapple

I then added a layer of mozzarella cheese and folded it over

Baked at 375 for about 20-25 minutes.

and then devoured the plate of messy, molten hot, tasty pastry.

The next batch I made oozing out glowing red hot chili sauce. Another works model on the right, 1 without pineapple on the left, and the other with just bacon and pineapple.

No comments:

Post a Comment