Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Kamjatan

So I am quite a fan of Korean food, and as such, I for the first time attempted one of my favorite take out, and even eat in dished, Kamjatan (Pork bone and potato soup). I found the recipe at www.maangchi.com, I have looked up several of her recipes and they all seem interesting, however this was the first chance I have had to give them a shot.

Green onion and Asian chives

Pork neck bones (that have been soaked for 2 hours in cold water)

Napa Cabbage

Bean sprouts and perilla leaves (and potato's underneath)

The sauce, containing Korean chili pepper paste and crushed chili peppers, fish sauce, garlic, and cooking wine

The finished product served with rice.
Overall I liked this recipe. However next time I make it, I will be making it spicier as I found this one a little weak. So if you decide to give this a go, I personally find the recipe as is fine for those who have a medium-low spice tolerance, however for serious spice junkies (or even anyone used to a spicy kamjatan) such as myself I recommend beefing the chili paste/powder portions.

No comments:

Post a Comment