Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lighter BBQ fare

I've been ready and waiting to start grilling things up since the warm weather started. Unfortunatly my home BBQ is out of propane and in very rugged condition. This paired with the rainy days as of late, I've been firing up my oven instead. So last night I prepared a little lighter BBQ fare, Chicken Breast in Honey BBQ sauce, roasted garlic potatoes, and salad with a greek style dressing.

The chicken was done by first pounding out the breasts, and then rubbed with creole spices and then quickly browned on either side in a skillet. I then placed them onto a tray and into the oven. When almost cooked I applyed the sauce, which consisted of roughly 4 tbs honey and 3/4 cup bbq sauce. I decided to make a few spicy, to do this, I just added a layer of sriracha before the BBQ sauce.

Meanwhile I made the potatoes, 5 or 6 potatoes, diced and boiled. After the potatoes were soft I drained and added back to the pot. I added 4 or 5 tbs of butter 1/4 cup milk, and 2 heads of roasted garlic. Also salt and pepper.

For the greek dressing I used roughly 5 tbs fresh oregano, 2 or 3 tbs feta, 1 lemon juiced, and about a cup of olive oil.

A lovely light and fresh flavoured meal for not too much work.

1 comment:

  1. Yum, I love BBQ chicken, mashed tators and Greek salad. This is my kind of meal.
    Gypsy

    ReplyDelete