Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Chicken Wings 4 Ways & Beer Battered Onion Rings

So after the Victoria day May 24 weekend BBQ we had, I had a slew of chicken wings left over that have been sitting in the freezer. As its been pouring rain all day I had some extra time to cook them all up today. I didn't have enough space to do them all in the oven so I brought out my fryer as well.

In the oven:

Sweet and spicy BBQ. I made a simple sauce of roughly 1/2-3/4 cup BBQ sauce (store bought) 1.5 tbs maltose, and 2.5 tbs sriracha.
Thai style. See post "No Ketchup Added".

In the Fryer:
Honey Garlic. Roughly 1/2 cup honey, 2 tbs soy sauce and 2 heads of roasted garlic. Wings were tossed in a season flour mixture first. The mixture was 1/2 cup flour, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp chili powder, salt and pepper.
Battered Wings. See beer batter bellow.
Onion Rings:
I made these in a beer batter which was made from (again rough measurements) :
1 cup flour
1/4 cup corn starch
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Paprika to taste
Garlic powder to taste
Cayenne pepper to taste
1 bottle beer (I used a pale ale)
Everything turned out well. Next time I will add some fresh garlic to the honey garlic sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment