Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Healtheir McDonalds

Ok so those are two words not typically heard together. Having a craving for a big mac combo, and not wanting to either shell out for it, walk to it, or ingest over processed, over salted, and over saturated food, I decided to make my own. Its really simple to prepare and requires few ingredients. I just plain hamburger buns I had lying around, and for the patties, I just used ground beef, rolled into balls, and flattened as thin as I could get them. I salt and peppered the patties and fried them on an indoor grill.

Ok so I cant recall the proportions that went into the sauce, but the ingredients were, mayonnaise, vinegar, brown sugar, relish, french dressing, ketchup, dill pickle, and minced onion. You want to use about a cup of mayonnaise then add in the other ingredients till you strike a balance.


Additional toppings were, sliced pickle, mined onion, shredded lettuce, and cheese.




To accompany I thinly sliced some potatoes and made some twice fried chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment