Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Summer Burgers Part 1

So with summer hear and my BBQ in somewhat working condition I whipped up some burgers.

The first set of burgers I did were steak house style. The patties were made with 2 lbs ground beef, 1 lb ground pork, and 1 lb ground veal, with spices and worcestershire. I also baked off a few buns.
I then worked on the toppings, firstly the panko breaded red onion rings.
Whilst these fried I went out and threw on the burgers and bacon on the grill. After flipping the burgers I added some thick slices of apple wood smoked bacon. (I should have also been grilling some portabello mushrooms to throw on top, but I forgot.)
With the burgers done I topped them up, burger, bacon, onion ring, followed by homemade horseradish mayonnaise (about 2 tbs horseradish into 2/3 cup mayonnaise), and then other traditional toppings (lettuce, tomato, pickle)




A nice big tasty burger, really wish the portabello had of been on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment