Saturday, November 6, 2010

Shrimp Po' Boys

So missing the good food of New Orleans I made some Shrimp Po' Boys for nostalgia sake.

After a quick trip to the grocery to pick up some fresh buns, I defrosted some "tiger" shrimp. I made a quick seasoned flour for dusting (mixed in Zatarain's creole seasoning), and put together an egg wash with a couple table spoons of creole mustard cut in (mustard was kozliks a local Toronto mustard company). And for the crust I just used fine grain cornmeal (I prefer, and would recommend to use the medium but didn't have any).

For toppings, I used, mayonnaise on one side, creole mustard on the other. Lettuce, tomato, pickles, and the shrimp were topped with a Creole Remulade.

For the Creole Remulade, I used Mayonnaise, capers, Cajun spice, Louisiana hot sauce, horseradish, brown sugar, green onion, garlic, red onion, lemon juice and creole mustard. Unfortunately I cannot recall the proportions, I will fiddle with it sooner or later and get them up here.
Thats all for now, see you all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment